PATHFAST® POCT System for Cardiovascular Diagnostics
PROGEN and Mitsubishi Chemical Europe GmbH Sign a Distribution Contract for the PATHFAST® POCT System in Germany. Effective immediately, PROGEN Biotechnik GmbH distributes the PATHFAST® Analyzer system of Mitsubishi Chemical Europe GmbH in Germany.
The PATHFAST® system enables effective parallel processing of up to six patient samples or analytes in one run. High precision as well as a fast and easy-to-perform test procedure makes the PATHFAST® the ideal analyzing system on a cardiology, intensive care or an emergency ward, as an adequate 'outpost' of a central laboratory.
The PATHFAST® analyzing system allows quantitative and reliable measurements from heparin or EDTA whole blood or plasma in emergency medicine (e.g. myocardial infarction, myocarditis). Available cardiac markers are Troponin I, CK-MB mass, Myoglobin, NT-proBNP as well as hsCRP.
Features of the PATHFAST® analyzing system:
- meets the guideline of the German Cardiac Society (DGK, BNK) for a
CV <10% at the 99% percentile for Troponin measurement
- profile of cardiac markers (e.g. cTnI, CK-MB, NT-proBNP) in one test run
- analysis from heparin or EDTA whole blood or plasma
- simultaneous analysis of up to six samples or analytes
- results in 17 minutes
- integrated computer and printer, touch screen operation
- barcode reader, RS-232C interface, LIMS connection, data transfer
- no water connection and buffer system required
- ready-to-use cartridge including all reagents and buffer
- only one cartridge and one pipette tip per test run
- no training required
- attractive leasing offers
With the distribution of the PATHFAST® analyzing system PROGEN is expanding its product range into the area of Point-of-Care Testing. A new marker on the platform, Presepsin, is available for clinical studies.
About Mitsubishi Chemical Europe GmbH (PATHFAST®)
Mitsubishi Chemical Europe GmbH and Mitsubishi Chemical Medience Corporation are a subsidiaries of Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation. The core business of Mitsubishi Chemical Medience comprises the development, production and distribution of analysis devices and reagents for fast and accurate emergency diagnosis.